Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Effects of foreign body entering through natural orifice
Foreign body in respiratory tract
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T17.300S
Unspecified foreign body in larynx causing asphyxiation, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T17.300S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp foreign body in larynx causing asphyxiation, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T17.300S became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T17.300S - other international versions of ICD-10 T17.300S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T17.300S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T17.300S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T17.300S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T17.300S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 913 Traumatic injury with mcc
- 914 Traumatic injury without mcc
Convert T17.300S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T17.300S
Other foreign object in pharynx causing other injury
Foreign body in larynx
Unspecified foreign body in larynx
Unspecified foreign body in larynx causing asphyxiation
Unspecified foreign body in larynx causing other injury
Gastric contents in larynx
Gastric contents in larynx causing asphyxiation
Gastric contents in larynx causing other injury
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.