Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Effects of foreign body entering through natural orifice
Foreign body in respiratory tract
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T17.908S
Unspecified foreign body in respiratory tract, part unspecified causing other injury, sequela
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T17.908S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp fb in resp tract, part unsp causing oth injury, sequela
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T17.908S became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T17.908S - other international versions of ICD-10 T17.908S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T17.908S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T17.908S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T17.908S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T17.908S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 913 Traumatic injury with mcc
- 914 Traumatic injury without mcc
Convert T17.908S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T17.908S
Foreign body in respiratory tract, part unspecified
Unspecified foreign body in respiratory tract, part unspecified
Unspecified foreign body in respiratory tract, part unspecified causing asphyxiation
Unspecified foreign body in respiratory tract, part unspecified causing other injury
Gastric contents in respiratory tract, part unspecified
Gastric contents in respiratory tract, part unspecified causing asphyxiation
Gastric contents in respiratory tract, part unspecified causing other injury
Food in respiratory tract, part unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.