Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Effects of foreign body entering through natural orifice
Foreign body in respiratory tract
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T17.998D
Other foreign object in respiratory tract, part unspecified causing other injury, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T17.998D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Oth forn object in resp tract, part unsp cause oth inj, subs
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T17.998D became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T17.998D - other international versions of ICD-10 T17.998D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T17.998D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T17.998D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T17.998D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T17.998D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T17.998D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T17.998D
Other foreign object in respiratory tract, part unspecified
Other foreign object in respiratory tract, part unspecified in causing asphyxiation
Other foreign object in respiratory tract, part unspecified causing other injury
…… subsequent encounter
Foreign body in alimentary tract
Foreign body in mouth
Foreign body in esophagus
Unspecified foreign body in esophagus
Unspecified foreign body in esophagus causing compression of trachea
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.