Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Burns and corrosions confined to eye and internal organs
Burn and corrosion confined to eye and adnexa
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T26.20XD
Burn with resulting rupture and destruction of unspecified eyeball, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T26.20XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Burn w resulting rupture and dest of unsp eyeball, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T26.20XD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T26.20XD - other international versions of ICD-10 T26.20XD may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T26.20XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T26.20XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T26.20XD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T26.20XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T26.20XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T26.20XD
Burn of cornea and conjunctival sac, left eye
Burn with resulting rupture and destruction of eyeball
Burn with resulting rupture and destruction of unspecified eyeball
…… subsequent encounter
Burn with resulting rupture and destruction of right eyeball
Burn with resulting rupture and destruction of left eyeball
Burns of other specified parts of eye and adnexa
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.