Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Burns and corrosions confined to eye and internal organs
Burn and corrosion confined to eye and adnexa
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T26.51XD
Corrosion of right eyelid and periocular area, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T26.51XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Corrosion of right eyelid and periocular area, subs encntr
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T26.51XD became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T26.51XD - other international versions of ICD-10 T26.51XD may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T26.51XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T26.51XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T26.51XD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- T26.51XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T26.51XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T26.51XD
Corrosion of eyelid and periocular area
Corrosion of unspecified eyelid and periocular area
Corrosion of right eyelid and periocular area
…… subsequent encounter
Corrosion of left eyelid and periocular area
Corrosion of cornea and conjunctival sac
Corrosion of cornea and conjunctival sac, unspecified eye
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.