Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Burns and corrosions confined to eye and internal organs
Burn and corrosion confined to eye and adnexa
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T26.71XS
Corrosion with resulting rupture and destruction of right eyeball, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T26.71XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Corros w rslt rupture and dest of right eyeball, sequela
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T26.71XS became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T26.71XS - other international versions of ICD-10 T26.71XS may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T26.71XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T26.71XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T26.71XS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- T26.71XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 604 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast with mcc
- 605 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast without mcc
Convert T26.71XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T26.71XS
Corrosion with resulting rupture and destruction of eyeball
Corrosion with resulting rupture and destruction of unspecified eyeball
Corrosion with resulting rupture and destruction of right eyeball
Corrosion with resulting rupture and destruction of left eyeball
Corrosions of other specified parts of eye and adnexa
Corrosions of other specified parts of unspecified eye and adnexa
Corrosions of other specified parts of right eye and adnexa
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.