Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Burns and corrosions confined to eye and internal organs
Burn and corrosion confined to eye and adnexa
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T26.91XS
Corrosion of right eye and adnexa, part unspecified, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T26.91XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T26.91XS became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T26.91XS - other international versions of ICD-10 T26.91XS may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T26.91XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T26.91XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T26.91XS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- T26.91XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 604 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast with mcc
- 605 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast without mcc
Convert T26.91XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T26.91XS
Corrosion of eye and adnexa, part unspecified
Corrosion of unspecified eye and adnexa, part unspecified
Corrosion of right eye and adnexa, part unspecified
Corrosion of left eye and adnexa, part unspecified
Burn and corrosion of respiratory tract
Burn of larynx and trachea
Burn involving larynx and trachea with lung
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.