Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Burns and corrosions confined to eye and internal organs
Burn and corrosion of respiratory tract
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T27.5XXS
Corrosion involving larynx and trachea with lung, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T27.5XXS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T27.5XXS became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T27.5XXS - other international versions of ICD-10 T27.5XXS may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T27.5XXS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T27.5XXS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T27.5XXS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- T27.5XXS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 604 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast with mcc
- 605 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast without mcc
Convert T27.5XXS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T27.5XXS
Corrosion of larynx and trachea
Corrosion involving larynx and trachea with lung
Corrosion of other parts of respiratory tract
Corrosion of respiratory tract, part unspecified
Burn and corrosion of other internal organs
Burn of mouth and pharynx
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.