Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T33
2016 2017 2018 2019 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- T33 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T33 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T33 - other international versions of ICD-10 T33 may differ.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- frostbite with partial thickness skin loss
The following code(s) above T33
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T33
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T33
…… with 0% to 9% third degree corrosion
…… with 10-19% third degree corrosion
…… with 20-29% third degree corrosion
…… with 30-39% third degree corrosion
…… with 40-49% third degree corrosion
…… with 50-59% third degree corrosion
…… with 60-69% third degree corrosion
…… with 70-79% third degree corrosion
…… with 80-89% third degree corrosion
…… with 90% or more third degree corrosion
Superficial frostbite of head
Superficial frostbite of ear
Superficial frostbite of right ear
Superficial frostbite of left ear
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.