Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Frostbite with tissue necrosis
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T34.829D
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of unspecified foot, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T34.829D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Frostbite with tissue necrosis of unsp foot, subs encntr
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T34.829D became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T34.829D - other international versions of ICD-10 T34.829D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T34.829D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T34.829D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T34.829D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- T34.829D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T34.829D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T34.829D
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of right foot
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of left foot
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of unspecified foot
…… subsequent encounter
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of toe(s)
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of right toe(s)
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of left toe(s)
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.