Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of drugs, medicaments and biological substances
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of nonopioid analgesics, antipyretics and antirheumatics
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T39.093S
Poisoning by salicylates, assault, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T39.093S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T39.093S became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T39.093S - other international versions of ICD-10 T39.093S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T39.093S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T39.093S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T39.093S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T39.093S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T39.093S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T39.093S
Poisoning by salicylates, intentional self-harm
Poisoning by salicylates, assault
Poisoning by salicylates, undetermined
Adverse effect of salicylates
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.