Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of drugs, medicaments and biological substances
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of nonopioid analgesics, antipyretics and antirheumatics
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T39.8X4S
Poisoning by other nonopioid analgesics and antipyretics, not elsewhere classified, undetermined, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T39.8X4S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Poisn by oth nonopio analges/antipyret, NEC, undet, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T39.8X4S became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T39.8X4S - other international versions of ICD-10 T39.8X4S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T39.8X4S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T39.8X4S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T39.8X4S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T39.8X4S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T39.8X4S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T39.8X4S
Poisoning by other nonopioid analgesics and antipyretics, not elsewhere classified, assault
Poisoning by other nonopioid analgesics and antipyretics, not elsewhere classified, undetermined
Adverse effect of other nonopioid analgesics and antipyretics, not elsewhere classified
Underdosing of other nonopioid analgesics and antipyretics, not elsewhere classified
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of unspecified nonopioid analgesic, antipyretic and antirheumatic
Poisoning by unspecified nonopioid analgesic, antipyretic and antirheumatic, accidental (unintentional)
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.