Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of drugs, medicaments and biological substances
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of primarily systemic and hematological agents, not elsewhere classified
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T45.514S
Poisoning by anticoagulants, undetermined, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T45.514S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T45.514S became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T45.514S - other international versions of ICD-10 T45.514S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T45.514S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T45.514S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T45.514S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T45.514S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T45.514S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T45.514S
Poisoning by anticoagulants, assault
Poisoning by anticoagulants, undetermined
Adverse effect of anticoagulants
Underdosing of anticoagulants
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of antithrombotic drugs
Poisoning by antithrombotic drugs, accidental (unintentional)
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.