Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of drugs, medicaments and biological substances
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of agents primarily affecting the gastrointestinal system
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T47.3X2S
Poisoning by saline and osmotic laxatives, intentional self-harm, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T47.3X2S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Poisoning by saline and osmotic laxtv, self-harm, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T47.3X2S became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T47.3X2S - other international versions of ICD-10 T47.3X2S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T47.3X2S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T47.3X2S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T47.3X2S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T47.3X2S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T47.3X2S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T47.3X2S
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of saline and osmotic laxatives
Poisoning by and adverse effect of saline and osmotic laxatives
Poisoning by saline and osmotic laxatives, accidental (unintentional)
Poisoning by saline and osmotic laxatives, intentional self-harm
Poisoning by saline and osmotic laxatives, assault
Poisoning by saline and osmotic laxatives, undetermined
Adverse effect of saline and osmotic laxatives
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.