Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of drugs, medicaments and biological substances
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of agents primarily acting on smooth and skeletal muscles and the respiratory system
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T48.202D
Poisoning by unspecified drugs acting on muscles, intentional self-harm, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T48.202D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Poisoning by unsp drugs acting on muscles, self-harm, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T48.202D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T48.202D - other international versions of ICD-10 T48.202D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T48.202D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T48.202D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T48.202D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T48.202D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T48.202D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T48.202D
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of other and unspecified drugs acting on muscles
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of unspecified drugs acting on muscles
Poisoning by unspecified drugs acting on muscles, accidental (unintentional)
Poisoning by unspecified drugs acting on muscles, intentional self-harm
…… subsequent encounter
Poisoning by unspecified drugs acting on muscles, assault
Poisoning by unspecified drugs acting on muscles, undetermined
Adverse effect of unspecified drugs acting on muscles
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.