Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of drugs, medicaments and biological substances
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of agents primarily acting on smooth and skeletal muscles and the respiratory system
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T48.3X3D
Poisoning by antitussives, assault, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T48.3X3D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T48.3X3D became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T48.3X3D - other international versions of ICD-10 T48.3X3D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T48.3X3D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T48.3X3D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T48.3X3D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- T48.3X3D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T48.3X3D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T48.3X3D
Poisoning by antitussives, accidental (unintentional)
Poisoning by antitussives, intentional self-harm
Poisoning by antitussives, assault
…… subsequent encounter
Poisoning by antitussives, undetermined
Adverse effect of antitussives
Underdosing of antitussives
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.