Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of drugs, medicaments and biological substances
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of agents primarily acting on smooth and skeletal muscles and the respiratory system
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T48.906D
Underdosing of unspecified agents primarily acting on the respiratory system, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T48.906D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Undrdose of unsp agents prim acting on the resp sys, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T48.906D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T48.906D - other international versions of ICD-10 T48.906D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T48.906D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T48.906D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T48.906D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T48.906D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T48.906D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T48.906D
Poisoning by unspecified agents primarily acting on the respiratory system, undetermined
Adverse effect of unspecified agents primarily acting on the respiratory system
Underdosing of unspecified agents primarily acting on the respiratory system
…… subsequent encounter
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of other agents primarily acting on the respiratory system
Poisoning by other agents primarily acting on the respiratory system, accidental (unintentional)
Poisoning by other agents primarily acting on the respiratory system, intentional self-harm
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.