Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of drugs, medicaments and biological substances
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of agents primarily acting on smooth and skeletal muscles and the respiratory system
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T48.994D
Poisoning by other agents primarily acting on the respiratory system, undetermined, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T48.994D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Poisn by oth agents prim acting on the resp sys, undet, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T48.994D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T48.994D - other international versions of ICD-10 T48.994D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T48.994D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T48.994D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T48.994D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T48.994D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T48.994D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T48.994D
Poisoning by other agents primarily acting on the respiratory system, intentional self-harm
Poisoning by other agents primarily acting on the respiratory system, assault
Poisoning by other agents primarily acting on the respiratory system, undetermined
…… subsequent encounter
Adverse effect of other agents primarily acting on the respiratory system
Underdosing of other agents primarily acting on the respiratory system
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of topical agents primarily affecting skin and mucous membrane and by ophthalmological, otorhinorlaryngological and dental drugs
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.