Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of drugs, medicaments and biological substances
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of diuretics and other and unspecified drugs, medicaments and biological substances
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T50.Z93S
Poisoning by other vaccines and biological substances, assault, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T50.Z93S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Poisn by oth vaccines and biolg substnc, assault, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T50.Z93S became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T50.Z93S - other international versions of ICD-10 T50.Z93S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T50.Z93S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T50.Z93S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T50.Z93S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T50.Z93S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T50.Z93S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T50.Z93S
Poisoning by other vaccines and biological substances, intentional self-harm
Poisoning by other vaccines and biological substances, assault
Poisoning by other vaccines and biological substances, undetermined
Adverse effect of other vaccines and biological substances
Underdosing of other vaccines and biological substances
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.