Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Toxic effects of substances chiefly nonmedicinal as to source
Toxic effect of alcohol
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T51.8X4D
Toxic effect of other alcohols, undetermined, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T51.8X4D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Toxic effect of other alcohols, undetermined, subs encntr
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T51.8X4D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T51.8X4D - other international versions of ICD-10 T51.8X4D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T51.8X4D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T51.8X4D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T51.8X4D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T51.8X4D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T51.8X4D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T51.8X4D
Toxic effect of other alcohols, intentional self-harm
Toxic effect of other alcohols, assault
Toxic effect of other alcohols, undetermined
…… subsequent encounter
Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol
Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, accidental (unintentional)
Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, intentional self-harm
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.