Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Toxic effects of substances chiefly nonmedicinal as to source
Toxic effect of alcohol
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T51.91XS
Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, accidental (unintentional), sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T51.91XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Toxic effect of unsp alcohol, accidental, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T51.91XS became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T51.91XS - other international versions of ICD-10 T51.91XS may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T51.91XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T51.91XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T51.91XS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T51.91XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T51.91XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T51.91XS
Toxic effect of other alcohols, undetermined
Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol
Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, accidental (unintentional)
Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, intentional self-harm
Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, assault
Toxic effect of unspecified alcohol, undetermined
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.