Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Toxic effects of substances chiefly nonmedicinal as to source
Toxic effect of halogen derivatives of aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T53.92XS
Toxic effect of unspecified halogen derivatives of aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, intentional self-harm, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T53.92XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Tox eff of unsp halgn deriv of aromat hydrocrb,slf-hrm, sqla
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T53.92XS became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T53.92XS - other international versions of ICD-10 T53.92XS may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T53.92XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T53.92XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T53.92XS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T53.92XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T53.92XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T53.92XS
Toxic effects of unspecified halogen derivatives of aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons
Toxic effect of unspecified halogen derivatives of aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, accidental (unintentional)
Toxic effect of unspecified halogen derivatives of aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, intentional self-harm
Toxic effect of unspecified halogen derivatives of aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, assault
Toxic effect of unspecified halogen derivatives of aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, undetermined
Toxic effect of corrosive substances
Toxic effects of phenol and phenol homologues
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.