Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Toxic effects of substances chiefly nonmedicinal as to source
Toxic effect of other inorganic substances
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T57.8X4S
Toxic effect of other specified inorganic substances, undetermined, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T57.8X4S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Toxic effect of inorganic substances, undetermined, sequela
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T57.8X4S became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T57.8X4S - other international versions of ICD-10 T57.8X4S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T57.8X4S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T57.8X4S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T57.8X4S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- T57.8X4S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T57.8X4S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T57.8X4S
Toxic effect of other specified inorganic substances, assault
Toxic effect of other specified inorganic substances, undetermined
Toxic effect of unspecified inorganic substance
Toxic effect of unspecified inorganic substance, accidental (unintentional)
Toxic effect of unspecified inorganic substance, intentional self-harm
Toxic effect of unspecified inorganic substance, assault
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.