Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Toxic effects of substances chiefly nonmedicinal as to source
Toxic effect of other inorganic substances
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T57.94XS
Toxic effect of unspecified inorganic substance, undetermined, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T57.94XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Toxic effect of unsp inorganic substance, undet, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T57.94XS became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T57.94XS - other international versions of ICD-10 T57.94XS may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T57.94XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T57.94XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T57.94XS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T57.94XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T57.94XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T57.94XS
Toxic effect of unspecified inorganic substance, assault
Toxic effect of unspecified inorganic substance, undetermined
Toxic effect of carbon monoxide
Toxic effect of carbon monoxide from motor vehicle exhaust
Toxic effect of carbon monoxide from motor vehicle exhaust, accidental (unintentional)
Toxic effect of carbon monoxide from motor vehicle exhaust, intentional self-harm
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.