Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Toxic effects of substances chiefly nonmedicinal as to source
Toxic effect of aflatoxin and other mycotoxin food contaminants
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T64.04XD
Toxic effect of aflatoxin, undetermined, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T64.04XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Toxic effect of aflatoxin, undetermined, subs encntr
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T64.04XD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T64.04XD - other international versions of ICD-10 T64.04XD may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T64.04XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T64.04XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T64.04XD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T64.04XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T64.04XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T64.04XD
Toxic effect of aflatoxin, intentional self-harm
Toxic effect of aflatoxin, assault
Toxic effect of aflatoxin, undetermined
…… subsequent encounter
Toxic effect of other mycotoxin food contaminants
Toxic effect of other mycotoxin food contaminants, accidental (unintentional)
Toxic effect of other mycotoxin food contaminants, intentional self-harm
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.