Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Toxic effects of substances chiefly nonmedicinal as to source
Toxic effect of other and unspecified substances
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T65.6X4D
Toxic effect of paints and dyes, not elsewhere classified, undetermined, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T65.6X4D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Toxic effect of paints and dyes, NEC, undetermined, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T65.6X4D became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T65.6X4D - other international versions of ICD-10 T65.6X4D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T65.6X4D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T65.6X4D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T65.6X4D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T65.6X4D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T65.6X4D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T65.6X4D
Toxic effect of paints and dyes, not elsewhere classified, intentional self-harm
Toxic effect of paints and dyes, not elsewhere classified, assault
Toxic effect of paints and dyes, not elsewhere classified, undetermined
…… subsequent encounter
Toxic effect of other specified substances
Toxic effect of latex, accidental (unintentional)
Toxic effect of latex, intentional self-harm
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.