Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Effects of air pressure and water pressure
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T70.8XXD
Other effects of air pressure and water pressure, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T70.8XXD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Oth effects of air pressure and water pressure, subs encntr
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM T70.8XXD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T70.8XXD - other international versions of ICD-10 T70.8XXD may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T70.8XXD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T70.8XXD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T70.8XXD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- T70.8XXD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T70.8XXD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T70.8XXD
Caisson disease [decompression sickness]
Effects of high-pressure fluids
Other effects of air pressure and water pressure
…… subsequent encounter
Effect of air pressure and water pressure, unspecified
Asphyxiation due to mechanical threat to breathing
Asphyxiation due to smothering under pillow
Asphyxiation due to smothering under pillow, accidental
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.