Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Adult and child abuse, neglect and other maltreatment, confirmed
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T74.4XXS
Shaken infant syndrome, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Pediatric Dx (0-17 years) POA Exempt
- T74.4XXS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T74.4XXS became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T74.4XXS - other international versions of ICD-10 T74.4XXS may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- T74.4XXS is applicable to pediatric patients aged 0 - 17 years inclusive.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T74.4XXS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T74.4XXS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T74.4XXS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- T74.4XXS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T74.4XXS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T74.4XXS
Child psychological abuse, confirmed
Shaken infant syndrome
Forced sexual exploitation, confirmed
Adult forced sexual exploitation, confirmed
Child sexual exploitation, confirmed
Forced labor exploitation, confirmed
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.