Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Adult and child abuse, neglect and other maltreatment, confirmed
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T74.62XD
Child forced labor exploitation, confirmed, subsequent encounter
2019 - New Code Billable/Specific Code Pediatric Dx (0-17 years) POA Exempt
- T74.62XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Child forced labor exploitation, confirmed, subs
- ICD-10-CM T74.62XD is a new 2019 ICD-10-CM code that became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T74.62XD - other international versions of ICD-10 T74.62XD may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- T74.62XD is applicable to pediatric patients aged 0 - 17 years inclusive.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T74.62XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T74.62XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T74.62XD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- T74.62XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): New code
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T74.62XD
Forced labor exploitation, confirmed
Adult forced labor exploitation, confirmed
Child forced labor exploitation, confirmed
…… subsequent encounter
Unspecified maltreatment, confirmed
Unspecified adult maltreatment, confirmed
Unspecified child maltreatment, confirmed
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.