Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of other external causes
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T75.89XS
Other specified effects of external causes, sequela
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T75.89XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T75.89XS became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T75.89XS - other international versions of ICD-10 T75.89XS may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T75.89XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T75.89XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T75.89XS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T75.89XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T75.89XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T75.89XS
Effects of weightlessness
Other specified effects of external causes
Adult and child abuse, neglect and other maltreatment, suspected
Neglect or abandonment, suspected
Adult neglect or abandonment, suspected
Child neglect or abandonment, suspected
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.