Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Adult and child abuse, neglect and other maltreatment, suspected
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T76.12XD
Child physical abuse, suspected, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Pediatric Dx (0-17 years) POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- T76.12XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T76.12XD became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T76.12XD - other international versions of ICD-10 T76.12XD may differ.
- T76.12XD is applicable to pediatric patients aged 0 - 17 years inclusive.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T76.12XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T76.12XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T76.12XD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T76.12XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T76.12XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T76.12XD
Physical abuse, suspected
Adult physical abuse, suspected
Child physical abuse, suspected
…… subsequent encounter
Sexual abuse, suspected
Adult sexual abuse, suspected
Child sexual abuse, suspected
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.