Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Adult and child abuse, neglect and other maltreatment, suspected
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T76.52XS
Child sexual exploitation, suspected, sequela
2019 - New Code Billable/Specific Code Pediatric Dx (0-17 years) POA Exempt
- T76.52XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- ICD-10-CM T76.52XS is a new 2019 ICD-10-CM code that became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T76.52XS - other international versions of ICD-10 T76.52XS may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- T76.52XS is applicable to pediatric patients aged 0 - 17 years inclusive.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T76.52XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T76.52XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T76.52XS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- T76.52XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): New code
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T76.52XS
Forced sexual exploitation, suspected
Adult forced sexual exploitation, suspected
Child sexual exploitation, suspected
Forced labor exploitation, suspected
Adult forced labor exploitation, suspected
Child forced labor exploitation, suspected
Unspecified maltreatment, suspected
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.