Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Adult and child abuse, neglect and other maltreatment, suspected
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T76.91XD
Unspecified adult maltreatment, suspected, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Adult Dx (15-124 years) POA Exempt
- T76.91XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unspecified adult maltreatment, suspected, subs encntr
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T76.91XD became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T76.91XD - other international versions of ICD-10 T76.91XD may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- T76.91XD is applicable to adult patients aged 15 - 124 years inclusive.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T76.91XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T76.91XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T76.91XD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- T76.91XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T76.91XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T76.91XD
Child forced labor exploitation, suspected
Unspecified maltreatment, suspected
Unspecified adult maltreatment, suspected
…… subsequent encounter
Unspecified child maltreatment, suspected
Adverse effects, not elsewhere classified
Anaphylactic reaction due to food
Anaphylactic reaction due to unspecified food
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.