Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Adult and child abuse, neglect and other maltreatment, suspected
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T76.92XD
Unspecified child maltreatment, suspected, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Pediatric Dx (0-17 years) POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- T76.92XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unspecified child maltreatment, suspected, subs encntr
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM T76.92XD became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T76.92XD - other international versions of ICD-10 T76.92XD may differ.
- T76.92XD is applicable to pediatric patients aged 0 - 17 years inclusive.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T76.92XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T76.92XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T76.92XD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- T76.92XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T76.92XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T76.92XD
Unspecified maltreatment, suspected
Unspecified adult maltreatment, suspected
Unspecified child maltreatment, suspected
…… subsequent encounter
Adverse effects, not elsewhere classified
Anaphylactic reaction due to food
Anaphylactic reaction due to unspecified food
Anaphylactic reaction due to peanuts
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.