Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Certain early complications of trauma
Certain early complications of trauma, not elsewhere classified
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T79.8XXD
Other early complications of trauma, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T79.8XXD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T79.8XXD became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T79.8XXD - other international versions of ICD-10 T79.8XXD may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T79.8XXD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T79.8XXD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T79.8XXD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T79.8XXD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T79.8XXD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T79.8XXD
Traumatic compartment syndrome of abdomen
Traumatic compartment syndrome of other sites
Other early complications of trauma
…… subsequent encounter
Unspecified early complication of trauma
Complications following infusion, transfusion and therapeutic injection
Air embolism following infusion, transfusion and therapeutic injection
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.