External causes of morbidity
Pedestrian injured in transport accident
Pedestrian injured in other and unspecified transport accidents
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V09.1XXA
Pedestrian injured in unspecified nontraffic accident, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- V09.1XXA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Pedestrian injured in unsp nontraffic accident, init encntr
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM V09.1XXA became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V09.1XXA - other international versions of ICD-10 V09.1XXA may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V09.1XXA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V09.1XXA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V09.1XXA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V09.1XXA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V09.1XXA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V09.1XXA
Pedestrian injured in nontraffic accident involving military vehicle
Pedestrian injured in nontraffic accident involving other motor vehicles
Pedestrian injured in unspecified nontraffic accident
…… initial encounter
Pedestrian injured in traffic accident involving other and unspecified motor vehicles
Pedestrian injured in traffic accident involving unspecified motor vehicles
Pedestrian injured in traffic accident involving military vehicle
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.