External causes of morbidity
Pedal cycle rider injured in transport accident
Pedal cycle rider injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V13.5XXD
Pedal cycle passenger injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van in traffic accident, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V13.5XXD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Pedl cyc pasngr inj pick-up truck, pk-up/van in traf, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V13.5XXD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V13.5XXD - other international versions of ICD-10 V13.5XXD may differ.
- V13.5XXD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V13.5XXD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V13.5XXD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V13.5XXD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V13.5XXD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V13.5XXD
Person boarding or alighting a pedal cycle injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van
Pedal cycle driver injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van in traffic accident
Pedal cycle passenger injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van in traffic accident
…… subsequent encounter
Unspecified pedal cyclist injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van in traffic accident
Pedal cycle rider injured in collision with heavy transport vehicle or bus
Pedal cycle driver injured in collision with heavy transport vehicle or bus in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.