External causes of morbidity
Pedal cycle rider injured in transport accident
Pedal cycle rider injured in collision with fixed or stationary object
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V17.2XXS
Unspecified pedal cyclist injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in nontraffic accident, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V17.2XXS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp pedl cyclst inj in clsn w statnry object nontraf, sqla
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V17.2XXS became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V17.2XXS - other international versions of ICD-10 V17.2XXS may differ.
- V17.2XXS describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V17.2XXS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V17.2XXS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V17.2XXS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V17.2XXS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V17.2XXS
Pedal cycle passenger injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in nontraffic accident
Unspecified pedal cyclist injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in nontraffic accident
Person boarding or alighting a pedal cycle injured in collision with fixed or stationary object
Pedal cycle driver injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Pedal cycle passenger injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.