External causes of morbidity
Motorcycle rider injured in transport accident
Motorcycle rider injured in collision with pedal cycle
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V21.3XXD
Person boarding or alighting a motorcycle injured in collision with pedal cycle, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V21.3XXD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Prsn brd/alit mtrcy injured in collision w pedal cycle, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V21.3XXD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V21.3XXD - other international versions of ICD-10 V21.3XXD may differ.
- V21.3XXD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V21.3XXD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V21.3XXD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V21.3XXD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V21.3XXD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V21.3XXD
Motorcycle passenger injured in collision with pedal cycle in nontraffic accident
Unspecified motorcycle rider injured in collision with pedal cycle in nontraffic accident
Person boarding or alighting a motorcycle injured in collision with pedal cycle
…… subsequent encounter
Motorcycle driver injured in collision with pedal cycle in traffic accident
Motorcycle passenger injured in collision with pedal cycle in traffic accident
Unspecified motorcycle rider injured in collision with pedal cycle in traffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.