External causes of morbidity
Motorcycle rider injured in transport accident
Motorcycle rider injured in collision with pedal cycle
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V21.9XXA
Unspecified motorcycle rider injured in collision with pedal cycle in traffic accident, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V21.9XXA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp mtrcy rider injured in clsn w pedl cyc in traf, init
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V21.9XXA became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V21.9XXA - other international versions of ICD-10 V21.9XXA may differ.
- V21.9XXA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V21.9XXA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V21.9XXA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V21.9XXA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V21.9XXA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V21.9XXA
Motorcycle driver injured in collision with pedal cycle in traffic accident
Motorcycle passenger injured in collision with pedal cycle in traffic accident
Unspecified motorcycle rider injured in collision with pedal cycle in traffic accident
…… initial encounter
Motorcycle rider injured in collision with two- or three-wheeled motor vehicle
Motorcycle driver injured in collision with two- or three-wheeled motor vehicle in nontraffic accident
Motorcycle passenger injured in collision with two- or three-wheeled motor vehicle in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.