External causes of morbidity
Motorcycle rider injured in transport accident
Motorcycle rider injured in collision with fixed or stationary object
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V27.4XXS
Motorcycle driver injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V27.4XXS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Mtrcy driver inj in clsn w statnry object in traf, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V27.4XXS became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V27.4XXS - other international versions of ICD-10 V27.4XXS may differ.
- V27.4XXS describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V27.4XXS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V27.4XXS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V27.4XXS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V27.4XXS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V27.4XXS
Person boarding or alighting a motorcycle injured in collision with fixed or stationary object
Motorcycle driver injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Motorcycle passenger injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Unspecified motorcycle rider injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Motorcycle rider injured in noncollision transport accident
Motorcycle driver injured in noncollision transport accident in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.