External causes of morbidity
Motorcycle rider injured in transport accident
Motorcycle rider injured in other and unspecified transport accidents
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V29.10XD
Motorcycle passenger injured in collision with unspecified motor vehicles in nontraffic accident, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V29.10XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Mtrcy passenger injured in collision w unsp mv nontraf, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V29.10XD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V29.10XD - other international versions of ICD-10 V29.10XD may differ.
- V29.10XD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V29.10XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V29.10XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V29.10XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V29.10XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V29.10XD
Motorcycle driver injured in collision with other motor vehicles in nontraffic accident
Motorcycle passenger injured in collision with other and unspecified motor vehicles in nontraffic accident
Motorcycle passenger injured in collision with unspecified motor vehicles in nontraffic accident
…… subsequent encounter
Motorcycle passenger injured in collision with other motor vehicles in nontraffic accident
Unspecified motorcycle rider injured in collision with other and unspecified motor vehicles in nontraffic accident
Unspecified motorcycle rider injured in collision with unspecified motor vehicles in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.