External causes of morbidity
Motorcycle rider injured in transport accident
Motorcycle rider injured in other and unspecified transport accidents
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V29.49XA
Motorcycle driver injured in collision with other motor vehicles in traffic accident, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V29.49XA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Mtrcy driver injured in collision w oth mv in traf, init
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V29.49XA became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V29.49XA - other international versions of ICD-10 V29.49XA may differ.
- V29.49XA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V29.49XA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V29.49XA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V29.49XA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V29.49XA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V29.49XA
Motorcycle rider (driver) (passenger) injured in unspecified nontraffic accident
Motorcycle driver injured in collision with other and unspecified motor vehicles in traffic accident
Motorcycle driver injured in collision with unspecified motor vehicles in traffic accident
Motorcycle driver injured in collision with other motor vehicles in traffic accident
…… initial encounter
Motorcycle passenger injured in collision with other and unspecified motor vehicles in traffic accident
Motorcycle passenger injured in collision with unspecified motor vehicles in traffic accident
Motorcycle passenger injured in collision with other motor vehicles in traffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.