External causes of morbidity
Car occupant injured in transport accident
Car occupant injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V43.23XS
Person on outside of car injured in collision with pick-up truck in nontraffic accident, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V43.23XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Person outsd car inj in clsn w pk-up truck nontraf, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V43.23XS became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V43.23XS - other international versions of ICD-10 V43.23XS may differ.
- V43.23XS describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V43.23XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V43.23XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V43.23XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V43.23XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V43.23XS
Person on outside of car injured in collision with other type car in nontraffic accident
Person on outside of car injured in collision with pick-up truck in nontraffic accident
Person on outside of car injured in collision with van in nontraffic accident
Unspecified car occupant injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van in nontraffic accident
Unspecified car occupant injured in collision with sport utility vehicle in nontraffic accident
Unspecified car occupant injured in collision with other type car in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.