External causes of morbidity
Car occupant injured in transport accident
Car occupant injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V43.64XS
Car passenger injured in collision with van in traffic accident, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V43.64XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Car passenger injured in collision w van in traf, sequela
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V43.64XS became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V43.64XS - other international versions of ICD-10 V43.64XS may differ.
- V43.64XS describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V43.64XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V43.64XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V43.64XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V43.64XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V43.64XS
Car passenger injured in collision with pick-up truck in traffic accident
Car passenger injured in collision with van in traffic accident
Person on outside of car injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van in traffic accident
Person on outside of car injured in collision with sport utility vehicle in traffic accident
Person on outside of car injured in collision with other type car in traffic accident
Person on outside of car injured in collision with pick-up truck in traffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.