External causes of morbidity
Car occupant injured in transport accident
Car occupant injured in collision with fixed or stationary object
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V47.3XXA
Unspecified car occupant injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in nontraffic accident, initial encounter
2017 - New Code 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V47.3XXA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp car occ inj in clsn with statnry object nontraf, init
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V47.3XXA became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V47.3XXA - other international versions of ICD-10 V47.3XXA may differ.
- V47.3XXA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V47.3XXA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V47.3XXA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V47.3XXA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V47.3XXA to ICD-9-CM
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): New code
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V47.3XXA
Car passenger injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in nontraffic accident
Person on outside of car injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in nontraffic accident
Unspecified car occupant injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in nontraffic accident
…… initial encounter
Person boarding or alighting a car injured in collision with fixed or stationary object
Car driver injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.