External causes of morbidity
Car occupant injured in transport accident
Car occupant injured in collision with fixed or stationary object
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V47.4XXA
Person boarding or alighting a car injured in collision with fixed or stationary object, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V47.4XXA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Prsn brd/alit a car injured in clsn w statnry object, init
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM V47.4XXA became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V47.4XXA - other international versions of ICD-10 V47.4XXA may differ.
- V47.4XXA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V47.4XXA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V47.4XXA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V47.4XXA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V47.4XXA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V47.4XXA
Person on outside of car injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in nontraffic accident
Unspecified car occupant injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in nontraffic accident
Person boarding or alighting a car injured in collision with fixed or stationary object
…… initial encounter
Car driver injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Car passenger injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.