External causes of morbidity
Car occupant injured in transport accident
Car occupant injured in collision with fixed or stationary object
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V47.6XXA
Car passenger injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident, initial encounter
2017 - New Code 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V47.6XXA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Car pasngr injured in clsn with statnry object in traf, init
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V47.6XXA became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V47.6XXA - other international versions of ICD-10 V47.6XXA may differ.
- V47.6XXA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V47.6XXA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V47.6XXA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V47.6XXA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V47.6XXA to ICD-9-CM
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): New code
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V47.6XXA
Person boarding or alighting a car injured in collision with fixed or stationary object
Car driver injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Car passenger injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
…… initial encounter
Person on outside of car injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Unspecified car occupant injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.