External causes of morbidity
Car occupant injured in transport accident
Car occupant injured in collision with fixed or stationary object
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V47.7XXS
Person on outside of car injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident, sequela
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V47.7XXS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Person outsd car inj in clsn w statnry object in traf, sqla
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM V47.7XXS became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V47.7XXS - other international versions of ICD-10 V47.7XXS may differ.
- V47.7XXS describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V47.7XXS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V47.7XXS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V47.7XXS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V47.7XXS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V47.7XXS
Car passenger injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Person on outside of car injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Unspecified car occupant injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Car occupant injured in noncollision transport accident
Car driver injured in noncollision transport accident in nontraffic accident
Car passenger injured in noncollision transport accident in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.