External causes of morbidity
Car occupant injured in transport accident
Car occupant injured in collision with fixed or stationary object
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V47.9XXD
Unspecified car occupant injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident, subsequent encounter
2017 - New Code 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V47.9XXD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp car occ inj in clsn with statnry object in traf, subs
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM V47.9XXD became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V47.9XXD - other international versions of ICD-10 V47.9XXD may differ.
- V47.9XXD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V47.9XXD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V47.9XXD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V47.9XXD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V47.9XXD to ICD-9-CM
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): New code
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V47.9XXD
Car passenger injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Person on outside of car injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
Unspecified car occupant injured in collision with fixed or stationary object in traffic accident
…… subsequent encounter
Car occupant injured in noncollision transport accident
Car driver injured in noncollision transport accident in nontraffic accident
Car passenger injured in noncollision transport accident in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.